1. What are the features of ICE?
ICE delivers substantial value to users:
- A column-oriented database ideal for analytics
- A self-managing Knowledge Grid architecture that delivers superior query performance while eliminating the need for indexes, data partitioning, specific schemas and manual tuning
- Industry-leading data compression (10:1 average, though may be as high as 40:1) that results in a significant reduction in the size of the database and amount of storage needed
- Runs on industry standard Intel and AMD servers
- Single server can support up to 50TB of data
2. How does Infobright’s open source offerings differ from others on the market?
A number of other data warehouse vendors based their products on an open source database such as PostgreSQL. Few of them provide their product as open source, and of those that initially did, very few have continued to innovate and update their open source version. Infobright is committed to an open source model and will continue to enhance and innovate ICE based on community input.
3. How do I report a bug in ICE, or review existing issues?
You can report a bug on our bug tracking system (new account registration required.) Once you've registered for an account, you can review outstanding issues with the current release. You can find out more information about this process, here.
You can also find more information on ICE at the following resources: